“You will find more happiness growing down than up.” ~Author Unknown
Today is a special day in many ways. It’s my Grandma’s birthday and although she passed away 7 years ago, she is always close to my heart. In many ways, my babies are so lucky because they too get to have a special relationship with their Gigi, Poppy & Harmony and Grandma. Last year my mom, Gigi, came down for 3 months and we had so many special moments. This year, my dad has come for an extended stay and he is also getting to capture those precious moments between grandparent and grandchild. KSP’s mom lives here so she gets to spend time with the minis with some frequency and for both it’s special.
As a parent, it is particularly wonderful to watch my parents and KSP’s parents with our minis. The smiles and giggles that spread across all of their faces with a silly voices, garbaly kisses through the phone and tickles in real life fill my heart with warmth and love.
Today, there are 2 wonderful linkups that I am going to take part in because they are both hosted by wonderful women, and because they are so complimentary. The first is 10 things about being a kiddo from Stasha at “Northwest Mommy” for her Monday Listicles and the other is a dual linkup of “Memories Captured” from Alison at “Mama Wants This” and Galit from “These Little Waves.”
To me these two things are closely intertwined. From posts about my relationship own grandparents to posts about my mom with my minis to posts about what I would tell my Father-in-Law who passed before I met him. Being a kid with your grandparents is a fond part of my childhood and I am so happy that it will be part of mine mini’s memories too.
So with that, let’s talks 10 things to love about being a mini:
10. The world is anything that your imagination wants it to be.
9. You truly learn multiple new things everyday.
8. You can look crazy or like a Rockstar after a bender and still be cute.
7. You get to play in puddles, stomp, stomp, stomp (while rocking amazing alligator wellies) and it’s the best moment ever!
6. You truly live in the moment. Feel every emotion when you feel it and marvel at things each time you see them.
5. You can “let go.”
4. You are loved beyond all reasonable comprehension by EVERYONE.
3. You are a shining star for everything you do.
2. You are easy to forgive.
1. You are the best things to ever happen to your family. Mamas, dadas, sisters, brothers, grandmas and grandpas. And with that comes wonderful and loving memories, like a simple trip to the park that becomes wonderful moments and memories for all….
So,the next time you might be feeling a little down or a little “blah,” think about what things look like as a kid. Look at a pine cone, or a tree or an airplane and realize the wonder in what you are seeing. Think about your family and realize the purity of that love. Together or separate, that moment, that magic captured in that moment can make today ‘yournewfavoriteday.’
For more great posts on these topics check out:
Featured images shared from: http://www.flickr.com/photos/light-shades/4666121435/